Awakenings Treatment Center is a top-rated clinic for treating issues relating to mental health during covid-19 in Agoura Hills. Millions of people suffer from anxiety, depression, eating disorders, PTSD, and suicidal thoughts through the pandemic. We help our clients embrace a healthier lifestyle and a positive mindset using a combination of counseling and therapy.
How To Find Out If I Need Therapy For Depression And Anxiety From Covid 19?
The impact of COVID 19 on addiction and our mental health is a waking nightmare. However, you can protect yourself from experiencing the adverse implications of your psychiatric and behavioral health problems by seeking help in the early stages. Here are a few signs that warn the need for therapy:
- Experiencing fear, anger, sadness, worry, numbness, or frustration
- Changes in appetite, energy, desire, and interests
- Difficulty in concentrating and decision making
- Experiencing nightmares or problems sleeping
- Experiencing headaches, body pains, stomach problems, skin rashes, etc.
Besides, increased alcohol use, illegal drug use, and misuse of prescription drugs signal the need for professional help. As a leading mental health clinic, we offer unsurpassed support and care to those battling covid-related mental health conditions.
How To Support Your Child During The Pandemic
Children and teens react to what they see and observe from the adults in their lives. Parents and caregivers should deal with the pandemic situation calmly and courageously to offer the best support for their children. Well-informed parents offer better reassurance to children. Children and teenagers respond differently to stress. Here are a few changes to watch for in teenagers and children:
- Excessive crying or irritation
- Toileting accidents, bedwetting, and returning to behaviors they outgrew long back
- Excessive worry, sadness, or isolation
- Unhealthy eating or sleeping habits
- Teenagers acting out
- Poor performance in school
- Avoiding schools, friends, and activities they once enjoyed
- Difficulties with attention and concentration
Some teenagers use alcohol, tobacco, or drugs to overcome their anxiety and mental health symptoms. In such cases, your child must receive specialty addiction treatment from an experienced doctor at the earliest.
How To Handle Stress During The Pandemic
The news you hear on social media and TV relating to the pandemic can be scary and overwhelming. Fortunately, you have healthy ways to cope with anxiety, depression, and substance abuse during the pandemic, such as:
- Sign up for online therapy or in-person treatment for COVID depression. Therapy can calm your mind, help you overcome your doubts and insecurities, and help you lead a healthy and fulfilling life.
- Practice yoga, meditation, or mindfulness regularly. These exercises help attain mental peace, improved cognitive skills, and emotional stability. Also, engage in physical activities for at least 15 minutes a day to increase resilience, improve mental stamina, and enjoy better sleep.
- Eat a well-balanced meal. Eating right can help you stay physically and mentally fit.
Call 855-717-3268 to receive unsurpassed treatment and support for problems relating to mental health during covid-19 in Agoura Hills. Awakenings Treatment Center has touched the lives of hundreds of people during the pandemic with the best quality mental health treatments and therapies. Our doctors and therapists work with our clients on a 1-on-1 basis and help them overcome their psychiatric and behavioral health challenges safely and successfully.