When there's an outbreak of an infectious disease, one of the responses of health care professionals is to start testing for it as soon as possible. This enables the fast identification, treatment, and immediate isolation to avoid spread. Additionally, early testing aids in identifying any person who has come into contact with the infected individual. That way, they can be tested too, and if found positive, treated quickly.
While the situation with coronavirus isn’t ideal, testing is still critical. COVID-19 testing helps with mitigation efforts, allowing healthcare officials and researchers to characterize the contagiousness, prevalence, and spread of the virus. If you're looking for 'free coronavirus testing near me' or COVID-19 testing spots in North Miami, we are here for you. At Family Medical Clinic, our rapid antibodies test is available, safe, confidential, and at no cost to you.
The Importance of COVID Testing
COVID-19 diagnostics testing in Miami is the only way health officials can confirm if you have coronavirus. Knowing if you're infected or not is vital to protect your loved ones and the people you encounter. In addition, testing helps minimize the spread of the virus. If a person tests positive for coronavirus, they can be isolated at a hospital if necessary or at home.
Testing tells health officials who are infected, to what extent the virus might be circulating in the community, and where in the community the virus is spreading. Further, testing is a key tool to:
- Identify and isolate individuals who have coronavirus to prevent outbreaks and the spread to others.
- Follow up with close contacts of those with COVID-19 so that they can get tested, self-isolate, and monitor for symptoms of the virus.
- Help health officials and researchers to understand the virus better.
- Know the number of people infected, which allows health officials to understand the risk level in a community.
When Should You Be Tested?
The CDC recommends that you should be tested:
- If you’ve been referred or asked to get tested by your healthcare provider or state or local health department.
- You have been in contact with someone with confirmed coronavirus. The close contact distance should be within six feet for at least 15 minutes.
- If you have COVID-19 symptoms, which include any of the following:
- Chills or fever
- Sore throat
- Vomiting or nausea
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Runny or congested nose
- New loss of smell or taste
If you have coronavirus symptoms, it's essential to separate yourself from others and go to a Miami coronavirus testing facility as soon as possible. The quarantine period is about 14 days after the last contact with an infected person.
Testing kids is also important, particularly if they have been in close contact with someone who has COVID. Children may not exhibit signs of illness, but they can spread the virus.
Premier Healthcare COVID Testing
If you're searching for 'free coronavirus testing near me' or wondering where to take a coronavirus test in North Miami,’ we can help. Whether or not you are at an increased risk or have symptoms, you can get a rapid antibodies test to know if you have been exposed. To learn more about our services, contact FMC: https://thefamilymedgroup.com/contact-us/.Free Coronavirus Testing Near Me